There is not a single doubt that an air purifier is a must-have for your home. Indoor and outdoor air pollution levels rise as the years go by, and if you do not have a solid air purifier, then you may find that you end up increasing the risk of odors, pollutants, and even harmful chemicals within your home. This can lead to a huge range of health issues, not to mention that it can cause your loved ones a lot of discomfort. If you want to avoid this then an air purifier is the way to go, but that being said, you do have to put in the work to make sure that you are using the air purifier you buy properly.
Not Putting Your Purifier in the Right Location
You can’t place your purifier in a random location and then expect it to work as it should. If you do, you could be making a huge mistake. Ideally, you should place your purifier where there is a lot of dust, smoke or pollutants. If you put it in a place that is free of pollutants, then it won’t do its job as well. Some examples of good locations for placing an air purifier include:
- Placing it on a nightstand or bedside table in the bedroom: This ensures that the purifier is in close proximity to you while you sleep, providing cleaner air during the night.
- Positioning it in the living room or common areas: Since these areas tend to have higher foot traffic and are prone to accumulating dust, smoke, and pollutants, having an air purifier in such spaces can effectively improve overall air quality.
- Setting it up near the kitchen: Cooking activities often generate airborne particles and odors, so having an air purifier nearby can help eliminate these pollutants and maintain a healthier kitchen environment.
On the other hand, examples of bad locations for placing an air purifier include:
- Hiding it in a corner or enclosed space: Placing the purifier in an isolated area restricts airflow and reduces its effectiveness in circulating and filtering the air throughout the room.
- Positioning it behind large furniture: If the air purifier is obstructed by bulky objects like sofas or cabinets, it hampers the airflow and hinders its ability to capture pollutants effectively.
- Ensure your air purifier is kept away from heat sources: To maintain safety, make sure to position your air purifier in a location where it is not exposed to direct heat sources, such as radiators, heaters, or fireplaces.
- Place your device at least 6 inches from walls, furniture, or other items while in use: For optimal efficiency, it is important to provide ample space around your air purifier, maintaining a minimum distance of 6 inches from walls, furniture, or any other objects. This allows unrestricted airflow and facilitates better air circulation and filtration.
Not Replacing the Filter
Your air purifier uses filters to clean the dirty air within your home. It doesn’t matter how great your air filter is because if you do not replace the filter over time, then it will never work as well as it could. If you keep on using the same filter for weeks on end without replacing it, then you may find that you end up breathing in air that is dirty or polluted. Filters can become clogged over time, so make sure that you thoroughly read your user manual, and that you take note of how often you should be replacing it. Additionally, many air purifier models feature a filter change indicator on their control panels, which serves as a helpful tool for customers to monitor the status of their filters. This feature enables users to stay informed about when it's time to replace the filter in order to maintain the purifier's optimal performance.
Not Moving it Around
Some purifiers are relatively heavy, and others are light. It doesn’t matter what the weight of your purifier is because you have to make sure that you move it around to different rooms. This way, you can make sure that you are getting the maximum value out of your purifier as you will be using it properly. A lot of people make the mistake of keeping their purifiers in a single location, which isn’t great. If you move it around then you can take advantage of clean air in every room in your home.
If you want to maximize the effectiveness of your air purifier or need guidance in selecting the right one for your home's size and requirements, feel free to reach out to us. Our team is here to provide you with the assistance and support you need.